If you’ve just gotten engaged and are starting the wedding planning process, congratulations! Now it’s time to swing into action and put your planning hat on. But where to start? At Ball Event Center, we strive to make your big day as perfect and seamless as possible – that’s why we’ve put together a 12-month timeline to help make your life easier! Without further ado, here is your wedding planning timeline.
12 Months Before Your Wedding
- Set your budget – and be realistic!
- Locate and reserve ceremony and reception site. Venues book out months to years in advance so have a couple of dates in mind!
- Have engagement photos taken.
6-8 Months Before Your Wedding
- Decide on your guest count.
- Compile your guest list and organize addresses. No, you do not have to invite every single person in your family, nor do you have to invite anyone you’re being forced to.
- Send save the date cards or emails.
- Choose your bridal party and their attire.
- Shop for a dress, shoes, and accessories.
- Select a ceremony officiant.
- Reserve a block of rooms for out of town guests.
- Reserve music for ceremony and reception.
- Select a photographer and videographer if desired.
- Book your caterer.
- Create your registry.
- Book your honeymoon.
- Consider hiring a day of wedding coordinator.
- Book a caterer.
- Book a florist.
- Secure your transportation.
- Book a hotel room for day of preparation and wedding night, or get ready at home.
- Reserve any rentals needed for ceremony and/or reception.
- Book hair and makeup trials, then book for day of wedding.
- Book your rehearsal dinner (if needed).
2-4 Months Before Your Wedding
- Create or order wedding favors – host a gathering with friends to help create.
- Discuss details of menu with hotel or caterer.
- Consider marriage counseling.
- Select and prepare your ceremony service with officiant.
- Schedule wedding rehearsal.
- Mail out your invitations.
- Obtain your marriage license.
- If you intend to change your name, prepare the necessary documents to do so.
- Send change of address information to post office.
- Complete dress fitting with veil, shoes (be sure to break them in!), and accessories.
- Prepare a seating plan.
- Confirm final guest count with vendors.
- Prepare toasts for rehearsal dinner and wedding reception.
- Create day of wedding timeline and print copies for those participating.
1 Week Before Your Wedding
- Finalize transportation arrangements.
- Ensure all items for the day of wedding are packed.
- Prepare tip and payment for officiant and vendors.
- Get your nails done.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
Now go have an amazing time with your husband! Haven’t found the perfect wedding venue in Kansas City yet? Contact Ball Conference Center for a tour today!